There is so much new sneaker heat dropping this seasonl. In the last few weeks alone, sneakerheads saw three big releases with drop of the Off White x Nike Collaboration, the Scottie Pippen x Kith Collaboration with Nike, and KD’s new Red Velvet’s.
Starting off the October release roster is Damian Lillard with the Dame 4s.
This will be Lillard’s fourth signature shoe. With recent sneaker releases leaning towards the flashy side (ie. Pippen’s cheetah print Air Maestro), it’s nice to see something with a more minimalistic aesthetic.
The Dame 4 focuses heavily on comfort. This shoe is meant not just for style, but for function. Attention to detail and a focus on comfort technology work together to make this sneaker one you won’t want to take off. It was designed with the court in mind.
Lillard also pulled inspiration from his other passion, hip-hop, when designing the shoe. The heel features the acronym “YKWTII” meaning “You know what time it is.” While the sock liner also has a bit of inspiration on it, reading “Patience Persistence Purpose” next to phrase “Dame Certified.”
Lastly, the shoe’s lace band features important dates and numbers in Lillard’s career:
- 35.12 – Breakout game stats that put Damian on coaches’ maps in high school
- 25.6.4 – Nation-leading stats that got Dame noticed during his final season at Weber State
- 6 – Selected as the No. 6 overall pick and averaged 19 points, 6.5 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game to earn 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 0.9 – With just .9 seconds remaining on the clock, Dame drained a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer in 2014 and Dame Time was officially born
- 0 – 0% chance critics gave Dame on his journey from Oakland to Ogden to Oregon
The next colorway of the Dame 4, the “Legacy,” will be released on October 20th.
If that isn’t enough Lillard for hoop fans, the Oakland native also dropped his latest album, Confirmed today. The project features big guests like 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne.